Terms & Conditions OLD
Terms and Conditions
Contact Lens Subscription and One-Time Ordering for home delivery
Subscription and One-Time Ordering of contact lenses for home delivery puts an end to paying upfront and storing an annual supply. Instead you enjoy flexibility, choice, control and convenience.
Subscription – our service which automatically delivers contact lenses to your door at specified intervals to suit your needs, provides ultimate convenience. With our flexible Subscription service you are in control and can manage all aspects of your supply from your account on your own device. You are able to pause your subscription at any time if you have too many lenses, buy an additional shipment if you are running low, change your shipping address, change your payment details, unsubscribe at any time and reinstate whenever you want – all at the click of a button. If you choose to subscribe you will receive contact lenses every 30 days, 60 days or 90 days for daily disposable lens wearers and every three months or six months for two weekly, monthly or a combination of daily and two weekly or monthly disposable lens wearers.
One-Time Order – our service which enables you to manually place an order for contact lenses whenever you need them and get them delivered to your door. Unlike Subscription, you do need to remember to re-order contact lenses when you need them but we are here to help. Our clever reminder service will remind you when you are running low and through your contact lens account you can quickly make a repeat purchase.
General Terms and Conditions. The following terms govern your use of our Subscription and One-Time Order Services (together the Services ). These Terms and Conditions act as a binding legal agreement between you and us and by enrolling on Subscription, placing a One-Time Order or otherwise participating in the Services in any way, you acknowledge that you have read these Terms and Conditions, understand them, and agree to be bound by them. You further understand that you are authorizing an automatic, recurring charge to your chosen method of payment throughout the Subscription cycle or a single charge to your chosen method of payment each time a One-Time Order is placed.
- Updates to Terms and Conditions. We reserve the right to update or change these Terms and Conditions at any time by posting them on the Patient Portal where you access your account. Any such changes will not apply to any dispute between you and us arising prior to the date on which we posted the revised Terms and Conditions incorporating such changes or on which we otherwise notified you of such changes. All changes to these Terms and Conditions take effect on the new effective date as notified. Your continued use of the Services after we post new Terms and Conditions indicates your agreement to any changes. If you do not agree to modifications of these Terms and Conditions, your exclusive remedy is to discontinue your use of the Services. Any new features, tools, products and services that change, augment, enhance or upgrade the Services will be subject to these Terms and Conditions.
- Patients. Only Patients who have a current prescription and an email address, and who are requesting shipping to addresses in the 48 contiguous United States (excluding Puerto Rico, Guam, the US Virgin Islands, PO Boxes or to Military APO/FPO addresses), may place Subscription or One-Time Orders.
- Charges. Subscription to contact lenses is a recurring delivery service where contact lenses are automatically delivered direct to your door at specified intervals – every 30 days, 60 days or 90 days for daily disposable lenses and every three months or six months for two weekly, monthly or for a combination of daily and two weekly or monthly lenses. By enrolling on Subscription, you agree to be charged at the specified interval at the specified price for your chosen contact lenses, including any specified sales tax and any specified shipping as notified. We will charge your chosen payment method stored in your online account on a recurring basis. By placing a One-Time Order you agree to be charged the specified price for your chosen contact lenses, including any specified sales tax and any specified shipping as notified. YOU REPRESENT AND WARRANT THAT YOU HAVE THE LEGAL RIGHT TO USE ANY CREDIT CARD, DEBIT CARD OR OTHER PAYMENT METHOD INFORMATION GIVEN IN CONNECTION WITH ANY TRANSACTION IN CONNECTION WITH THE SERVICES.
- Online Patient Portal for Subscription and One-Time Order Management. A new Subscription or One-Time Order to a new prescription can only be placed in your Eye Doctor's practice. After you place a Subscription Order and/or a One-Time Order in your Eye Doctor's practice, you will receive an email to the email address you have provided inviting you to choose a password and to create a personal account. Through your personal account you will be able to manage your Subscription Orders or One-Time Orders. Any changes to your Subscription Orders must be made before the next Order has started processing to ensure that those changes are reflected in your next delivery. If your next Order is already processing when you make any changes to your account, the system will provide appropriate messages to inform you of the status of your next shipment and what to expect for your next delivery. Changes that can be made through the online Patient Portal include:
If you Subscribe or place a One-Time Order you are able to:
- Update your shipping address
- Update your payment details
- Update your personal details
- Update your prescription details
In addition, if you Subscribe you are able to:
- Place an additional shipment equal to one Subscription supply
- Pause your Subscription temporarily
- Un-pause your Subscription
- Un-subscribe (cancel) your Subscription
- Re-instate your Subscription
In addition, if you buy a One-Time Order you are able to:
- Place a repeat order equal to the same quantity as the initial One-Time Order
- Convert your One-Time Order into a Subscription for the same contact lens prescription
- Pausing or Unsubscribing (Cancelling) a Subscription Order. There is no minimum term and you can pause or unsubscribe (cancel) your Subscription at any point either by logging into your account through the Patient Portal or by visiting your Eye Doctor.
- Valid Contact Lens Prescription Requirements. You can continue to receive contact lenses on Subscription or place a One-Time Order as long as you have a current contact lens prescription. Each state has rules regarding the length of time for which an eye examination is valid. In most states, an eye examination is valid for 12 months from the date it is prescribed, but in some states, the prescription is valid for 18 or 24 months from the prescription date. The expiration date for your contact lens prescription can be viewed in your account in the Patient Portal. We will email you to let you know when your contact lens prescription will reach its expiration date. We cannot continue to ship contact lenses to you if your prescription is not current.
- Change in Contact Lens Prescription. If as a result of your recent contact lens check with us your contact lens prescription has changed, we will update it in the practice for you so that your Subscription reflects the updated contact lens prescription. You can also update your contact lens prescription details on the Patient Portal, but these changes will require to be verified by us. As long as your next supply of lenses is not already in process when we/you update your contact lens prescription, the next shipment will contain lenses reflecting the new contact lens prescription. If the price of the contact lenses in the updated prescription is different to the price of the previous prescription, then we will change the regular payment accordingly. You will see any payment adjustment the next time a payment is taken following the prescription change. If your order has already been processed when the prescription is updated, the original prescription will be shipped in the next delivery.
- Managing Your Account in our practice. If you prefer not to manage your account on the Patient Portal, then you can either call or visit us and we will manage your account for you.If we need to notify you about your account we will do so via email using the current email address you have provided to us. It is important that you keep your information current with an accurate email address. You can amend your email address by logging into your account on the Patient Portal.
- Payment for Contact Lenses. The charge for each Subscription Order and One-Time Order shipment will be billed via the payment method saved in your account on the Patient Portal. You will be charged the amount of your contact lenses, any sales tax, and any shipping charge spread over each Subscription cycle or each time a One-Time Order is placed. Your card will be charged up to seven days before your order is shipped. All prices are subject to change and are not guaranteed. If the price for your order changes, you will be notified before your lenses are processed and payment taken. Payment for Subscription or One-Time Orders is made by card either using the in-practice payment device, QR Code or by logging into your account on the Patient Portal. You can also update your card details by logging in to your account on the Patient Portal.
- Rejected Payments. If the card provider rejects our request for payment or we are unable to complete your order with the payment method saved to your account for any other reason, we will contact you via email and invite you to log into your account and update your card details. Your Subscription will be paused until a valid payment card is provided and the full balance of the shipment is paid. If payment is not made in full before the shipment is due, we will delay your shipment until it is paid in full. If the payment is not made in full at the time your contact lens prescription expires, then your Subscription will be unsubscribed. If your Subscription is unsubscribed because your contact lens prescription has expired, once your contact lens prescription is updated, a valid card's details are inputted into the Patient Portal and you have requested us to re-activate your subscription, the Subscription will re-start. If your card has suffered fraudulent activity then we will unsubscribe your Subscription upon being informed by the payment provider. Your Subscription will remain active until it is unsubscribed by you or due to the circumstances outlined above.
- Shipping. Any shipping charge can be found by logging into your account in the Patient Portal. We will inform you by email when your contact lenses are dispatched. Delivery is usually within five business days from shipping. The tracking number for your shipment can be found on the invoice in your account on the Patient Portal. If you do not receive your contact lenses as expected, call 201 396 7438 and we will assist with your contact lens shipment.
- Contact Lenses on backorder. Occasionally some contact lens specifications are out of stock and on backorder. If this is the case then the status of your order will show as 'on back order' in the Patient Portal. If we do not have sufficient stock to fulfil your order, we will delay shipping your order until the full order is back in stock.
- Returns. If you wish to return any Orders please take the Order to your Eye Doctor's practice. All agreed refunds will be credited back to your card. Your Eye Doctor will manage this transaction for you in practice. Refunds may take up to 10 days to show on your card.
- Contact. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact your usual practice.
These Terms were last updated on November 23, 2020.